Friday, August 21, 2009

The Required Introduction

I got the idea to start this blog when I made a batch of cookies.

Okay, wait, that's not entirely correct.

I got the idea to start this blog when I made a batch of cookies and, upon bringing them to class, was hailed as a culinary genius. These were not hard cookies to make. They were, in fact, made from things I had laying around the house - and one ingredient that I went to the local gas station deli to buy. It could very well be the easiest cookie recipe I have in my arsenal. And still, everyone was amazed that I baked.

Don't get the wrong idea. They were freaking delicious. But what amazed me was the overwhelming reaction of my friends - mainly, that no one knew how to cook.

So I'm setting out to teach the 20-somethings of the world that cooking really isn't all that scary. In fact, it's usually a great way to relax, destress, and ensure that you eat a healthy meal. After all, you know what's going in there.

But most importantly, I want to show people that cooking is easy; you don't need a gourmet grocer or special pots and pans to make a really good meal. It can be done in small apartments around the world, with little more than the basic ingredients you already have in your kitchen.

You can make delicious stuff. You. I promise. Here, I'll show you how.

No comments: